La Chapelle Saint Martin
We are honored to have Michelin-starred chef Gilles Dudognon as our first ambassador.
We share the same appreciation for authenticity, high quality local products, and creativity, and the same desire to do good in the world.
“Life made me cross path with a man and witness the beginning of his bold project in Charente-maritime, South-West France. I witnessed the birth of a mesmerizing liquor focused on the immortelle flower’s fragrance.
I witnessed an adventure seemingly outside my usual culinary scope… Words and passion made it clear that Melifera was deeply intertwined with the culinary spirit. Let me give you some of my inspirations:
– Melifera frosted glass. Raspberry, pumpkin oil
– Smoked mousse, Melifera-candied cod
– Immortelle flower and lime soufflé (recipe below)
Nature and man, the taste of the… everlasting heart!”
- 100 g of egg whites 15 g of sugar
- 250 g of pastry cream
- 50 g of eggs 35 g of Melifera Gin
- 20 g of candied lemon zest
- 1. Beat the egg whites with the sugar until stiff
- 2. Whip the warm pastry cream with the eggs, the gin, and the candied lemon zest
- 3. Gently fold in the egg whites
- 4. Apply a layer of butter and sugar to frost the porcelain bowls
- 5. Fill the bowls 5/6 of the way to the top
- 6. Bake at 220°C for 11 minutes